Sales Manager - USA & South America
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- USA - Fort Lauderdale, USA - Miami, USA - Miramar
- Job Advert Description
Survitec is a global leader in survival and safety solutions to the marine, defense and aerospace markets. Survitec has over 3,000 employees worldwide. Across its 160-year history, Survitec Group has remained at the forefront of innovation, design and engineering and is the trusted name when it comes to critical safety and survival solutions.
This Sales Manager is responsible for sales activities to new and existing Defense and Aerospace customers within the USA and South American Region (Brazil. Peru. Chile). This role is pivotal to Survitec so that we continue to grow and win in a complex world. Reporting to the Regional Head of Sales - Americas and working with the Senior Leadership Team, the successful candidate will be able to technically understand our products and services and articulate the value and benefits of our offers to our customers. The successful candidate will support the development and implementation of world leading processes within the sales department, including forecasting, administration, contract review and maintenance of accurate CRM records.
The role will be home based in the Southern Florida USA region and the job holder must be bilingual in English and Spanish and able to speak, read and write in Spanish to an advanced level. To be proficient in Portuguese would also be an advantage. Must be able to travel, and at times with short notice.
- Meet Order Intake, Sales, Contribution Margin and cash collection targets
- Proactively approach existing customers and target new ones
- Respond to and generate leads and qualifying opportunities.
- Shaping customer requirements
- Stretching new business from existing accounts and contracts
- Generation of qualified pipeline and ensuing all opportunities are kept regularly updated in Salesforce.
- Creation of compelling offers based on value and benefits of the Survitec defense portfolio
- Generation of bid opportunity briefing packs, sales cycle management and presentation of all opportunities to board level for approval.
- Creation and implementation of sales campaigns to existing and new customers and partners.
- Deployment of the Survitec Defense strategy (As relevant to USA & South America’s agreed strategic goals), ensuring adherence to strategic plans, and for measuring performance against strategy metrics
- Supporting the marketing strategy for Survitec Defense and for the broadening the messaging to all key customers and partners.
Order Intake, Sales, Qualification of new opportunity pipeline and Contribution Margin
- Creation and delivery of compelling bid review packs to leadership for approval to proceed
- Adherence to the sales qualification and capture process.
- Customer satisfaction and comprehensive coordination with all internal Survitec team stakeholders.
- Prepare budgets for Sales Order Intake, Sales and Contribution Margin, in conjunction with the Senior Leadership teams of Defense Sales and Manufacturing.
- Participation in business reviews, provide feedback on performance and any deviation to budget.
- Coordination and awareness with manufacturing / operations to ensure all forecasting for material supplies are maintained and updated.
- Provision of sales and material demand forecasts as part of the S&OP process.
- Development and deployment of growth strategies and plans for the Defense business in conjunction with the Americas Defense Sales Team.
- Develop business growth opportunities through an understanding of the needs and desires of the customer base.
- Management of product and service portfolios to ensure that all critical aspects of the market are addressed in a focused and consistent manner.
- Management of the introduction of new products and services, and the effective disbandment of products and services that are no longer required.
- Ensure contractual obligations and contractual KPIs are met.
- Adherence to the Survitec Values and code of Business Conduct
To be successful in this role, you will be dedicated, resourceful, flexible and self-motivated. With a proven track record of sales success, you will be an experienced sales manager. You will have gained experience within highly regulated industries, coupled will a successful and demonstrated track record of dealing with large and complex bids in a consultative selling environment. You will have experience with regional government commercial contracting with recent demonstrable example of closed sales into any or all of the following countries within Defense and /or Aerospace markets.
- USA Government Agencies (Defence/ Homeland Security / Coast Guard / Counter terror/ Border Patrol)
You will be a resilient and tenacious individual with a desire to drive and embrace improvement. Ideally you will have experience of working within a bureaucratic, regulated industry. Knowledge of Export Control and Licenses for export business are also a key requites of the role.High standards of presentation and communication skills will be essential to ensure our customers’ needs are fully understood and the business is well informed to make the most compelling offers leading to growth for the organization and complete customer satisfaction.You will understand value pricing and have the ability to see opportunities where others don’t and realize those opportunities through high degrees of customer focus and responsiveness.You must be able to travel, sometimes at short notice.
- A minimum of 10 years sales experience in the USA /South American (and or regional) Defence or Aerospace markets
- You will hold a degree or equivalent level of qualification
- Fluent in Spanish and / or Portuguese
- You will have a well-established network in USA Government Department - Peru/Chile/Brazil defence prime contractors and broad network of the associated regional government end user community contacts at all levels within defence or government acquisition / end user community.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental & Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off/ Sick Days, Vacation and 10 Holidays
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth, with company match and contribution
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Survitec not to discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or because he or she is a protected veteran.
- Closing Date