Jr. Supply Planner
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- Supply Chain
- USA - Houston
- Job Advert Description
Duties and responsibilities
- Develops and delivers an on-going supply plan for a significant region within Survitec for use by internal and external third-party suppliers, in line with appropriate planning and modelling approach and toolkit.
- Develops, runs and evaluates supply strategy simulations to define and propose best stocking policy to meet customer requirements within inventory targets.
- Communicates regularly and in a timely manner relevant information into the sales and operational performance process and to relevant suppliers (internal and third party).
- Generates regular and timely trend analyses, insights and business recommendations, feeding these into the local sales and operational planning process to drive optimum availability.
- Carries out regular and timely risk assessment for the demand and supply planning function; identifies, manages and mitigates demand related business risk effectively and appropriately.
- Monitors, reviews, and highlights any gaps in the performance of a portfolio of suppliers; recommends improvements by suppliers to better meet demand requirements; makes recommendations to the business to support effective contract negotiation or change contract/supplier.
- Reviews existing operations in own area of work and implements innovation processes to generate new ideas and ensure continuous improvements are delivered.
- Resolves queries from internal or external customers or suppliers by providing information on complex processes and related policies, referring to others where necessary for interpretation of policy.
- Contributes to stakeholder engagement through identifying stakeholders, finding out their needs, issues and concerns, and reacting to these by creating and conveying information to promote understanding and commitment.
- Supports the local supply chain leadership team in increasing local business knowledge of the sales and operational planning process, including communicating and training colleagues on process and planning best practice.
- Creates an environment where everyone in the team can live the Survitec Values.
- Perform any other appropriate duties as required by a relevant line manager in support of business needs.
- Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Interprets and applies key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Secures and deploys resources effectively and efficiently.
- Sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies.
- Rebounds from setbacks and adversity; works well under pressure and difficult circumstances.
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Drives safety culture:
- Is a reliable source of reference on relevant safety standards and where these standards are at risk. Provides important insight into the root cause and corrective actions for such safety risks and issues. Raises issues and highlights own mistakes without fear to improve safety and wellbeing of self and others.
Demonstrates commitment to delivering real value and confidence to our customers:
Understands the importance of being the representative of both internal and external customers. Demonstrates respect for those customers and is open and transparent about the delivery of service – only promises what they can deliver and delivers what they promise.
We care for our people, investing in the development of teams and individuals:
- Understands own role within the team and takes accountability for delivery – is good at closing out actions and proactively asks for help when issues arise. Communicates appropriately, shares knowledge (coaching, mentoring and supporting others to develop skills as appropriate). Works collaboratively with own team and others to meet business goals.
- Takes time to listen and treats others with dignity, accepting and respecting other people’s points of view or individuality. Understands how own behaviours impact others.
We aim for excellence in everything we do:
- Takes personal responsibility for ensuring excellence, getting the task done on time and to the right standard. Consistently achieves targets, even when timescales are tight.
- Committed and passionate about continuous improvement, looking to solve problems and avoid workarounds. Takes initiative and acts with confidence.
We seek to innovate at every opportunity:
- Takes an entrepreneurial approach to change, being comfortable and willing to try out new methods, processes, ways of working or techniques to make improvements.
- Takes time to understand and explain the rationale for change to support the understanding of self and others.
We act with integrity:
- Acts in accordance with Survitec Values, especially in situations when it is difficult to do so.
- Represents self and Survitec in an ethical manner that engenders trust from colleagues, customers and external regulators.
Experience and qualification
Educated to University degree level or vocational related equivalent qualification.
2 -3 years of general experience enables the role holder to deal with most situations and advise others.
No formal management experience necessary for this role.
What We Offer
Salary: Pay: $40K-$45K
Health, Dental & Life Insurance.
Vacation and 10 Holidays.
Short- and Long-Term Disability.
401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth, with company match and contribution.
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Must pass a pre-employment federal background check.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disabled
It is the policy of Survitec not to discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or because he or she is a protected veteran.
- Closing Date