Sales Distribution Account Manager Marine
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- USA - Houston
- Job Advert Description
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Develops and implement a sales plan to deliver revenue retention, revenue growth and new business for personal customer portfolio, in line with personal sales targets and overall organic business growth ambition. Delivers on that plan. Act as first point of contact for customer queries and complaints and resolve these, referring complex issues to others and ensuring that the customer receives an appropriate response.
Set clear objectives for each sales call or meeting; use standard materials to make a presentation to the customer; and ask relevant questions to evaluate the customer's level of interest and to identify and respond to areas requiring further information or explanation.
Develop a personal network within the sales territory and represent Survitec at trade shows and other events to identify sales opportunities, promote the organization, and enhance its reputation.
Configures product and services solutions and associated contractual terms that meet the customers' mid- to long-term needs, taking input from relevant internal specialists. Presents the solution to customer representatives and negotiates agreement within a pre-defined range of commercial parameters.
Schedule follow-up actions and enter relevant information into the customer relationship management system after each contact with a customer to create a call plan and to ensure that Survitec has quality data to enable effective customer retention and business development activities.
Collaborates internally and works as the customer champion in cross-functional teams to build strong external customer relationships.
Maintains and renews a deep knowledge and understanding of Survitec policies and procedures and of relevant regulatory codes and codes of conduct. Ensures own work adheres to required standards.
Respond to personal objectives and use performance management systems to improve personal performance.
Helps to create an inclusive environment where our people feel valued, appreciated and free to be who they are at work
Understands, upholds and contributes to creating a safety-first culture within Survitec.
Develop own capabilities by participating in assessment and development planning activities as well as formal and informal training and coaching; gain or maintain external professional accreditation where relevant to improve performance and fulfill personal potential. Maintain an understanding of relevant technology, external regulation, and industry best practices through ongoing education, attending conferences, and reading specialist media.
- General Education: High School / FE College (2 A Levels).
- Experienced practitioner able to work unsupervised (13 months to 3 years). This specialist experience could come from direct sales or from technical product know-how in Marine Industry.
- Experience in Marine Industry in service and distribution sector.
- Experience working in multi-national or multi-location business.
- Computer literacy – intermediate user of Microsoft Office and Sales Force.
- Fluent English (oral and written).
Behavioural Competencies _________________________________________________________________________________________
- Customer Focus: Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Ensures Accountability: Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Instills Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Manages Complexity: Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Plans and Aligns: Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Builds Networks: Effectively builds formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Customer-Focused Approach.
- Understands Customer Needs.
- Initiates Compelling Sales Conversations.
- Understands Issues/Motivations.
- Knows the Buying Influences.
- Closes Effectively.
- Understands Buying Influencer Needs.
- Diagnoses Needs with Questions.
- Action Planning.
- Effectively Presents Solutions.
- Builds Rapport.
- Navigates Customer Challenges.
- In-Depth Questioning.
- Negotiates Strategically/Tactically.
- Manages Buyer Indifference.
- Pre-Call Preparation.
- Manages Resistance.
- Questions Strategically.
- Review and Reporting.
- Strengthens Customer Connections.
What We Offer
- Salary: Pay: $70K per year.
- Health, Dental & Life Insurance.
- Vacation and 10 Holidays.
- Short- and Long-Term Disability.
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth, with company match and contribution.
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Must pass a pre-employment federal background check.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disabled
It is the policy of Survitec not to discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or because he or she is a protected veteran.
- Closing Date