Technical Support Engineer
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- UK - Birkenhead
- Job Advert Description
The Technical Support Engineer will:
- Responsible for resolving technical issues related to the manufacture of the current Survitec product range.
- To work closely with the Technical and Production teams to ensure that all the technical information is available within agreed timescales.
Key Tasks & Principle Accountabilities:
- Compilation of technical information and documentation in accordance with current working practices to support manufacture in the production environment.
- Product pattern design using Gerber/Accumark software.
- Drawing creation/amendment using 2D AutoCAD Software.
- Create cut files to support manufacture.
- Deputise for the Lead Technical Support Engineer at Technical/Operations meetings as required.
- Work to standards applicable to the business such as DAOS, ISO 9001, AS9100, CAA, MAA, etc.
- Participate in maturity gate reviews.
- Preparation of design documentation.
- Check detailed sectional drawing and general assembly drawings.
- Work to the design process flow and adhere to related company procedures.
- Ability to facilitate and carry out change control on existing products.
- Generate technical documentations, specifications and production manufacturing aids to support the manufacture of Survitec product.
- Provide technical manufacturing support to all departments within the company as requested.
- Organize, plan, carry out and document allocated production support tasks in order to achieve targets within agreed production timescales.
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and sub-contractors and represent the company during off site technical activities as requested.
- To ensure that all production support activities are conducted in accordance with company procedures.
- To ensure Health and Safety disciplines within the Technical Department are adhered to.
- To ensure the 5S disciplines are implemented and maintained.
- To support in the implementation of the business ERP system (IFS).
- Functional product design.
- Technical writing.
- Manufacturing processes pertinent to the role.
- Understanding of product validation, testing and qualification.
Qualifications and Core Skills
- Core experience in a Product Design/Textiles or Engineering discipline.
- Experience in product design / garment design.
- IT skills.
- Problem investigating and technical reporting.
- Clothing Technology
- Pattern Design Gerber/Accumark software
- 2D AutoCAD software
- Understanding Technical Drawings
- IT Literacy
- Company Procedures
- Maturity Gate Design Reviews
- Change Control
- Design Office Product Checklist
- Design for Manufacture
- Garment manufacturing experience or product design experience background.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements - UK MOD DAOS and EASA Part 21G&J requirements.
- Familiarisation with and demonstrated experience in the use of garment pattern CAD software.
- Closing Date