North Americas Sales Manager Defence - West
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- USA - Orange County, CA
- Job Advert Description
Survitec is a global leader in survival and safety solutions to the marine, defense and aerospace markets. Survitec has over 3,000 employees worldwide. Across its 160-year history, Survitec has remained at the forefront of innovation, design and engineering and is the trusted name when it comes to critical safety and survival solutions.
The North Americas Sales Manager - West is responsible for Sales activities to new and existing Defense and Aerospace customers within the Western Region of the United States. This role is pivotal to Survitec so that we continue to grow and win in a complex world. Reporting to the Regional Head of Sales - Americas and working with the Senior Leadership Team, the successful candidate will be able to technically understand our products and services and articulate the value and benefits of our offers to our customers. The successful candidate will support the development and implementation of world leading processes within the sales department, including forecasting, administration, contract review and maintenance of accurate CRM records.
- Exceed Order Intake, Sales, Contribution Margin and Cash Collection Targets
- Proactively approach existing customers and target new ones
- Shape customer requirements
- Stretch new business from existing accounts and contracts
- Generation of qualified profitable pipeline and ensuing all opportunities are kept regularly updated in salesforce.
- Creation of compelling offers based on value and benefits of the Survitec defence portfolio
- Generation of bid opportunity briefing packs, sales cycle management and presentation of all opportunities to board level for approval.
- Creation and implementation of sales campaigns to existing and new customers and partners.
- Deployment of the Survitec Defence strategy (As relevant to North America’s agreed strategic goals), ensuring adherence to strategic plans, and for measuring performance against strategy metrics
- Support the marketing strategy for Survitec Defence and for the broadening the messaging to all key customers and partners.
- Order Intake, Sales, Qualification of new opportunity pipeline and Contribution Margin
- Closure of all annual Order intake, Qualified Pipeline & Revenue targets to achieve base and stretch.
- Creation and delivery of compelling bid review packs to leadership for approval to proceed
- Adherence to the sales qualification and capture process.
- Customer satisfaction and comprehensive coordination with all internal Survitec team stakeholders.
- Prepare budgets for Order Intake, Sales and Contribution Margin, in conjunction with the Senior Leadership teams of Defence Sales and Manufacturing.
- Participation in business reviews, provide feedback on performance and any deviation to budget.
- Coordination and awareness with manufacturing / operations to ensure all forecasting for material supplies are maintained and updated.
- Provision of sales and material demand forecasts as part of the S&OP process.
- Development and deployment of growth strategies and plans for the Defence business in conjunction with the Americas Defence Sales Team.
- Develop business growth opportunities through an understanding of the needs and desires of the customer base.
- Management of product and service portfolios to ensure that all critical aspects of the market are addressed in a focussed and consistent manner.
- Management of the introduction of new products and services, and the effective disbandment of products and services that are no longer required.
- Ensure contractual obligations and contractual KPIs are met.
To be successful in this role, candidate will be dedicated, resourceful, flexible and self-motivated. With a demonstrable track record of sales success, candidate will be an experienced Sales Manager with experience within highly regulated industries, coupled will a successful and evidenced track record of dealing with large and complex bids in a consultative selling environment. Candidate will have experience with regional government commercial contracting with recent demonstrable example of closed sales into several specific customers.
Candidate will be a self-motivated, resilient and tenacious individual with a desire to drive and embrace improvement. Experienced with working within a bureaucratic, regulated industry. Knowledge of Export control and Licences for export business are also a key requites of the role.
High standards of presentation and communication skills will be essential to ensure our customers’ needs are fully understood and the business is well informed to make the most compelling offers leading to growth for the organisation and complete customer satisfaction.
Must understand value pricing and have the ability to see opportunities where others don’t and realise those opportunities through high degrees of customer focus and responsiveness.
Must be able to travel, sometimes at short notice.
- A minimum of 10 years of demonstrable sales experience in the North American (and or regional) Aerospace Defence or Government agencies.
- Degree or equivalent level of qualification.
- Aerospace & Defence products/ services sales within safety or airworthiness certification
- Well-established network throughout US Government procurement agencies, Aerospace & Defence Prime contractors, Military, First Responders & Security agencies with relevant experience and current business contacts.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental & Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off/ Sick Days, Vacation and 10 Holidays
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth, with company match and contribution
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Survitec not to discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or because he or she is a protected veteran.
- Closing Date