Design Engineer - Garments
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- USA - Akron, USA - Cleveland
- Job Advert Description
Survitec is a global leader in survival and safety solutions to the marine, energy, aerospace and defense markets. Throughout its 160 year history, it has remained at the forefront of innovation, design and application engineering and is the trusted name when it comes to critical safety and survival solutions.
Our manufacturing facility in Sharon Center is the center of excellence for Aerospace and Defense. We currently employ over 170 people at the site and due to significant business growth and exciting opportunity, we have a vacancy for a Design Engineer with apparel design and pattern making experience.
This role involves working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment to work closely with the technical and production teams to resolve technical issues related to the manufacture of our Pilot Flight Equipment. (Experience in Garment Design Preferred)
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Generation and compilation of technical information, documentation and production manufacturing aids in accordance with current working practices to support manufacture in the production environment.
- Product pattern design using CAM Software.
- Preparation and updating design documentation.
- Check detailed sectional drawing and general assembly drawings.
- Work to the design process flow and adhere to related company procedures.
- Ability to facilitate and carry out change control on existing products.
- Provide technical manufacturing support to all departments within the company as requested.
- Organize, plan, carry out and document allocated production support tasks in order to achieve targets within agreed production timescales.
Essential Skills, knowledge and experience
- Degree in Engineering discipline with experience in functional garment design and pattern making
- Gerber Accumark
- Microsoft Office
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental & Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off/ Sick Days, Vacation and 10 Holidays
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth, with company match and contribution
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Survitec not to discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or because he or she is a protected veteran.
- Closing Date