Head of Sales - Continental Europe (SGUK520)
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- Job Advert Description
Survitec are looking to recruit a Head of Sales - Continental Europe who will develop regional sales strategy that delivers on commercial growth targets. Identifies appropriate routes to market to support product innovation and contributes effectively to development of customer value proposition. Deploys best practice, driving development and sales performance within their territory to ensure Survitec sales team develops effective customer partnerships, becoming the most trusted provider of Marine safety and compliance solutions. Drives activity to target and deliver multi-year customer commitment and spend.
The Head of Sales - Continental Europe will take ownership of the go-to-market strategy for a specific customer sector, ensuring deep understanding of evolving customer needs and how Survitec’s propositions could be deployed to meet those needs. Ensures the wider sales community are engaged in and aligned to this sector sales strategy as appropriate for their customer portfolios.
This role will ideally be based in Athens, Greece. However, other locations in Europe may also be considered.
- Lead the development and implementation of territory sales plan, to deliver territory revenue target and support for regional P&Ls. Ensure alignment with overall sales strategy and priorities whilst anticipating local complex issues, challenges, and opportunities.
- Effectively communicate the overall sales strategy and territory business plan to sales team, ensuring every member of the team understands how they personally contribute to achieving business aims and Values. Motivate people to commit to targets and to doing extraordinary things to achieve Survitec business goals.
- Ensure effective relationship management, account and sales plans are in place for all Target, Anchor and Explore customers territory portfolio. Coach sales colleagues to drive performance (quality and delivery) at all stages of the sales pipeline. Seek opportunities to increase exposure to new ways of working and on-job skills development for team.
- Support team to configure complex, high value tailored or bespoke product and service solutions and associated contractual terms that meet the customer's strategic goals. Support key solution presentations to customer representatives and negotiations, including managing internal relationships to ensure smooth delivery at an acceptable level of commercial risk. Review and authorise sales proposals to ensure that these are constructed within acceptable commercial and risk parameters.
- Work with Sales leadership team to develop and gain agreement to annual business plan, aligned to Survitec strategy; detail expense and headcount budgets; and develop business cases for key projects, ensuring cross-functional integration as needed.
- Leverage internal network to manage strategic client and customer relationships, where deployment of account teams across multiple territories is required to deliver global solution and drive customer intimacy and loyalty.
- Develop the medium-term go-to-market strategy for a key customer sector. Ensure the strategy is successfully implemented and all those whose customer portfolios are impacted by this strategy, are engaged and aligned.
- Maintains in-depth industry knowledge and works collaboratively with functional teams to take advantage of expert specialist knowledge and ensure operations comply with all legislation, regulation and best practice advice.
- Manage and report on the performance of the territory; set appropriate performance objectives for direct reports and hold them accountable for achieving these; take appropriate corrective action where necessary to ensure the achievement of annual business objectives.
- Utilises data effectively to make informed business decisions.
- Selects, develops, leads and manages a highly productive sales team, ensuring everyone understands how their individual and team effort contributes to meeting customer needs and the overall success of the business.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and capability at each stage in the sales process, providing the basis for effective capability assessment and development and performance management. Identifies skills gaps and supports team to identify and action their development priorities. Motivates team to develop their capabilities and fulfil their personal potential.
- Communicates effectively with leadership team, regional management, colleagues and customers.
- Creates an environment where everyone in the team can live the Survitec Values.
- Contributes positively to creating an inclusive environment where our people feel valued, appreciated and free to be who they are at work.
- Understands, upholds and contributes to creating a safety-first culture within Survitec. Ensures a safe and healthy working environment
- Develops own capabilities by participating in assessment and development planning activities as well as formal and informal training and coaching; gains or maintains external professional accreditation where relevant to improve performance and fulfil personal potential. Maintains an in-depth understanding of technology, external regulation, and industry best practices through ongoing education, attending conferences, and reading specialist media.
- Provides peer advice and coaching support for those new to Head of Sales role.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Strategic mindset. Sees ahead to future possibilities, to formulate breakthrough strategies
- Customer mindset. Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions
- Manages complexity. Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Business insight. Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organisation's goals.
- Persuades. Uses compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
- Interpersonal savvy. Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Drives results. Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
- Drives vision and values. Paints a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action.
- Resilience. Rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Plans and prioritises work to meet commitments aligned with organisational goals.
- Educated to University Degree or equivalent level.
- Strong General experience, providing expert competence.
- Vast Managerial experience, covering:
- planning, managing and delivering sales targets through others in line with business strategy.
- strategy and policy definition and implementation within short / medium timescales.
- Closing Date