Lifeboat Service Technician - New Orleans
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- Job Advert Description
Lifeboat Service Technician Greater New Orleans successfully execute all service, repair and maintenance work in a safe, professional, efficient and profitable manner. To act as Company Representative & Focal Point while on site & to liaise with Client Representatives & Class Surveyors about technical queries and solutions.
What Will You Do?
- Ensure that all service, repair, maintenance, installation and testing work is carried out fully in accordance with the instructions issued by the Operations Department, where applicable to current IMO & SOLAS Regulations or to Clients specific requirements.
- Ensure that all stated mobilization and check in arrangements are achieved.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in a manner which is safe, efficient and cost effective.
- Ensure that there is continual and measurable improvement in the service offered to Customers and in the manner in which the work is performed.
- Ensure that all work areas are left in a safe, clean, tidy and fully operational condition.
- Ensure that the goals, objectives and targets set by the Service Operations Department are achieved.
- Ensure that all relevant reports / documentation relating to any job is completed in an accurate and legible manner and passed to the Service Operations Department on return from every job.
- Identify and capture any additional work opportunities wherever and whenever possible.
- Ensure familiarisation and compliance with the requirements of the Quality, Health and Safety & Environmental Management Systems.
- Actively demonstrate, encourage and promote correct health and safety and environmental behaviours at any work location.
- Ensure that “best practices” are identified and implemented.
- Ensure that a Task Based Risk Assessment is carried out prior to undertaking any new or difficult task and that all necessary measures are taken to eliminate or reduce any actual or possible risk that may be identified. Ensure that all personnel involved are made aware of actual or potential risks.
- Ensure Service Operations Department are immediately notified of any accidents, incidents or near misses and that these are recorded on an Accident / Incident Report Form and passed to the Operations Department as soon as practicable.
- In all cases the Service Operations Department must be notified of any situation or activity which is unsafe or potentially unsafe.
- Ensure, when dealing with clients or other non-Survitec personnel, that the best interests of Survitec and any other Division of Survitec are always represented/presented.
- Other job-related tasks as assigned.
What Do We Need from You?
- Technical or marine background.
- Min 3 years’ experience in a related business and/or in similar function.
- Min 3 years’ experience as Lifeboat Service Technician/Engineer (Preferred).
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Able to comfortably converse with senior on-board and shore-based customer personnel.
- Intermediate computer skills, especially in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Industrial and Financial Systems (IFS), or similar ERP software –Preferred. Ease adapting to / learning new software applications.
- Often working in an outdoor environment at port, dockside or aboard a vessel, where exposure to heights, inclement weather, fork trucks, cranes, and other marine equipment can be expected.
- Frequently, working aboard a sea-going vessel where exposure to heights, inclement weather,
- and other marine equipment can be expected.
- Sharing cabins.
- Offshore (rigs, platforms).
- Travel about 70% of the time.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes
- customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource
- allocation, human resources modelling, leadership technique, production methods, and
- coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, government regulations, Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS), United States Coast Guard (USCG).
- Ability to comprehend information and ideas presented verbally or in writing.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas verbally or in writing, to ensure the correct information is fully understood by an individual or team.
- Ability to identify potential risks and issues and formulate an effective strategy to mitigate the risk or prevent the issue from occurring.
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems and solve them in a controlled and effective manner.
- Ability to use effective time management to ensure that tasks and projects are completed within agreed time limits.
- Attention to Detail.
- Analytical Thinking.
- Stress Tolerance.
- Positive Social Orientation.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary. (Based on experience and Certifications)
- Health, Dental & Life Insurance.
- Vacation and 10 Holidays.
- Short- and Long-Term Disability.
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth, with company match and contribution.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disabled
It is the policy of Survitec not to discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or because he or she is a protected veteran.
- Closing Date