- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- USA - Akron, USA - Cleveland
- Job Advert Description
Survitec is a global leader in critical safety and survival solutions, with over 3,000 employees worldwide covering 8 manufacturing facilities, 15 offshore support centres and over 70 owned service stations. It is further supported by a network of over 500 3rd party service stations and distributors. Across its 160-year history, Survitec has remained at the forefront of innovation, design and application engineering and is the trusted name when it comes to critical safety and survival solutions.
As well as manufacturing and servicing some of the leading products throughout the survival industry, we are partners with some of the best names in the industry to ensure we offer the fastest, highest quality service possible.
We have an exciting opportunity within Sharon Center, Ohio manufacturing facility for a Quality Manager.
The Quality Manager will ensure products and employees meet quality standards and regulations through the establishment, maintenance and continuous improvement of the company’s Quality Management System and be responsible for monitoring compliance and for the training and development of employees with respect to QMS and related processes.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Quality Management System: Establishment, maintenance and continuous improvement of Quality related policies, procedures, processes, programs, and practices; including the delivery of related training programs.
- Ensure all products adhere to quality standards
- Site Audit Program: Establishment, implementation and coordination of the Audit & Approval Program, and reporting of audit outcomes.
- Review Manufacturing and Vendor quality performance, including the analysis of scrap and rework.
- Support Production needs with inspectors and processes to ensure monthly delivery requirements are met while verifying the product is conforming
- Coordinate and maintain relevant Third-Party management system certification.
- Ensure the Company’s compliance with ISO 9001:2015 QMS through formal/informal and internal/external audits and leading the Audit Program.
- Support the Leadership Team in Change Management programs and initiatives.
- Train, mentor, and develop Quality Engineers and Quality Technicians at the Sharon Center facility and other facilities as needed.
- Guide and mentor Lean initiatives within department.
- Corrective Action and Preventive Action assignment and approval.
Essential Skills, knowledge and experience
- BSc in Quality, Textiles, or Engineering, related field, or equivalent work experience required.
- 5 years’ experience in a Quality Management role
- Certification of quality control - Preferred (ISO 9001, etc)
- Previous successful experience as a Quality Engineer
- Proficient in MS Office
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental & Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off/ Sick Days, Vacation and 10 Holidays
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth, with company match and contribution
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Survitec not to discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or because he or she is a protected veteran.
- Closing Date