Lifeboat Service Manager
- Position Type
- Business Area / Division
- Job Advert Description
- Ensure that all service, repair, maintenance, installation and testing work is carried out fully in accordance with the instructions issued by company, where applicable to current SOLAS Regulations or to Clients specific requirements.
- Ensure that all stated mobilisation and check in arrangements are achieved.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in a manner which is safe, efficient and cost effective.
- Ensure that there is continual and measurable improvement in the service offered to Customers and in the manner in which the work is carried out.
- Preparation of quotation for service work inclusive of service spares, invoice and closure of service order.
- Ensure that all work areas are left in a safe, clean, tidy and fully operational condition.
- Ensure that the goals, objectives and targets set by company are achieved.
- Ensure the compilation of all relevant reports/documentation relating to any job is completed in an accurate and legible manner upon completion of every job.
- Identify and capture any additional work opportunities wherever and whenever possible.
- Ensure familiarisation and compliance with the requirements of the Competence Management System.
- Ensure any training and competency requirements identified by company are achieved.
- Ensure familiarisation and compliance with the requirements of the Quality and Health and Safety Management Systems.
- Actively demonstrate, encourage and promote correct health and safety and environmental behaviours at any work location.
- Ensure that “best practices” are identified and implemented.
- Ensure that a Task Based Risk Assessment is carried out prior to undertaking any new or difficult task and that all necessary measures are taken to eliminate or reduce any actual or possible risk that may be identified. Ensure that all personnel involved are made aware of actual or potential risks.
- Ensure Operations Department are immediately notified of any accidents, incidents or near misses and that these are recorded on an Accident/Incident Report Form and passed to the Operations Department as soon as practicable.
- In all cases the Operations Department must be notified of any situation or activity which is considered to be unsafe or potentially unsafe.
- Responsible for abiding by the Employee Handbook and any supplementary memos and rules pertaining to your employment.
- Responsible for abiding by the company Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment manual and any supplementary memos and rules pertaining to youremployment.
- Responsible for assisting with the identification of the service team training needs and raising theseaccordingly.
- Responsible for undertaking training, and continuing development as appropriate.
- To assist, where appropriate, with addressing the training needs of the serviceteam.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties deemed appropriate and commensurate with the post.
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Engineering (Marine) or equivalent.
- At least 3 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Technical or marine background.
- Experience of working with and servicing lifesavingequipment.
- Be able to work autonomously on site in a safe and professional manner ensuring a high standard work.
- Expected as reasonably practicable to work throughout all areas and locations of the business required.
- Have a flexible approach regards working hours, and the ability to work extra hours ifrequired.
- Have the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, via all means of communication.
- Be able to remain calm under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines and targets
- Closing Date
Email to a friend
Back to search