- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- UK - Gosport
- Job Advert Description
Survitec is the world’s most trusted company for critical safety and survival solutions. We ensure that our customers operate with the most appropriate safety and survival equipment for their people across the Marine and Defence industries. We are renowned in each of the sectors we operate as being industry pioneers, introducing new and innovative technologies to ensure our products are the best available.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the successful candidate will plan, direct and coordinate marketing activities for Survitec products, services and markets within our Marine division. You will take the lead on a key marketing channel and contribute to driving the overall Survitec brand whilst producing excellent customer, market and competitor intelligence.
Duties and responsibilities
- Supports the development and implementation of Survitec Marketing strategy, identifying macro trends, complex challenges and opportunities for Survitec product and services.
- Develops operational marketing plans to support a portfolio of Survitec products and services; delivers marketing expertise and the activity needed to implement those plans. Monitors success, adapting as needed to ensure business benefit is delivered. Ensures a strong focus on digital marketing throughout.
- Works collaboratively within the wider marketing team to meet Survitec brand requirements.
- Provides specialist advice on the interpretation and application of marketing strategy and best practice, aligning all tactical activities with wider Survitec values and brand development. Resolves complex or contentious queries and issues, enabling others to take appropriate actions and meet their commitments to product and marketing strategy.
- Collaborates internally and works as the customer champion in cross-functional teams, ensuring the voice of the customer is considered throughout the marketing cycle.
- Communicates the actions needed to implement marketing strategy and business plans; explains their relationship to the broader Survitec mission, vision and values; motivates people to commit to these actions and to doing extraordinary things to achieve local business goals.
- Plans and manages the delivery of marketing projects, using appropriate project management methodology to give assurance that intended outcomes are achieved. Works with key stakeholders to ensure campaigns are planned and executed well.
- Works with product managers to develop accurate and cost-effective product marketing plans; monitors and manages performance to objectives and takes appropriate corrective action where necessary. Manages and reports on the impact of plans and activities; sets appropriate performance objectives.
- Works with third party agencies to develop strategic brand and campaign goals, establishing tangible success measures for increased brand presence; coordinate photoshoots; create high-impact imagery and video for use in various advertisements and promotions.
- Develops effective sales enablement materials for all assigned product and service categories, including product launch materials.
- Contributes to the formulation of departmental annual and longer-term budgets, by producing accurate and appropriate annual budgets and longer-term marketing plans for specific product categories, ensuring alignment with overall Survitec growth strategy and brand requirements.
- Develops excellent network relationships with Survitec sales colleagues and business managers, providing relevant advice and support to drive considerations and actions that build the Survitec brand and reputation.
- Represents Survitec at major business sector events. Obtains market intelligence, promotes the organisation and enhances its reputation. Plans and manages Survitec-led events and exhibitions as required.
- Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Plans and prioritises work to meet commitments aligned with Survitec goals
- Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance Survitec’s goals
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
- Builds strong customer relationships / knowledge and delivers customer-centric solutions
- Makes good and timely decisions that keep Survitec moving forward
- Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
Experience and qualification
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in a marketing discipline
- 3-6 years of experience in a similar role
- 1-3 years’ experience of supervising and empowering people to achieve results
- CIM qualification is desirable
- Strong project management skills are required plus ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office with an understanding of Adobe, Photoshop and other similar packages
- Closing Date