- Position Type
- Full-time contract / temporary
- Business Area / Division
- Canada - Delta, British Columbia
- Job Advert Description
Survitec is a global leader in survival and safety solutions to the marine, defence, aviation and offshore markets. Survitec has over 3,000 employees worldwide covering 8 manufacturing facilities, 15 offshore support centres and over 70 owned service stations. It is further supported by a network of over 500 3rd party service stations and distributors. Across its 160-year history, Survitec Group has remained at the forefront of innovation, design and application engineering and is the trusted name when it comes to critical safety and survival solutions.
We are seeking to recruit a temporary, full time, experienced Office Assistant to be based in Vancouver (Delta), BC. Reporting to the Finance Controller, the Office Assistant will be responsible for sales billing, monthly accounts reconciliation as well as salary payroll processing, and some office-related duties.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all sales accounts are set up, in accordance with Survitec policy, and any changes to existing accounts are made in a timely manner.
- Proactively manage account receivables through daily invoicing, reviewing credit limits and applying payment to customer accounts.
- Ensure daily payment deposits into bank accounts.
- Conduct weekly bank reconciliations and update A/R aging report to accurately reflects the outstanding and collectible balances on customer accounts at any point in time.
- Co-ordinate on a weekly basis with the UK collection team on any outstanding A/R collection issues.
- Conduct monthly A/R reconciliations and assist with the month-end / year-end auditing activities, if needed.
- Process bi-weekly salary payroll, and year end T4s.
- Enter payroll general ledger entries into the ERP system (NAV).
- Manage overall office activities including ordering supplies, office equipment maintenance, centralized filing and archiving system as well as insurance.
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to all information pertaining to Survitec’s operations.
- Comply with Survitec’s policies and procedures at all times.
- Be willing to take on any additional duties, as required.
- Formal education – certificate, diploma or higher in Accounting or Business Administration is preferred.
- Solid understanding of accounts receivable processes.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Outstanding attention to detail with an ability to reconcile complex accounts.
- Accurate, efficient and organized with the ability to prioritize tasks as needed.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel) and accountancy software.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills – with a focus on the big picture and long-term relationships.
- Unquestionable professional ethics and integrity.
- Strong organizational skills in terms of work planning and time management.
- Ability to maintain strong relationship with external clients and internal colleagues to meet demanding deadlines.
This is a temporary, full time position (12 months) offering a competitive annual salary. The office location is 1689 Cliveden Avenue, Delta, British Columbia.
Please note this posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
To apply, please submit your resume with an introductory cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Closing Date