Buyer / Planner
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- Supply Chain
- USA - Akron, USA - Cleveland
- Job Advert Description
Survitec is a global leader in critical safety and survival solutions, with over 3,000 employees worldwide covering 8 manufacturing facilities, 15 offshore support centres and over 70 owned service stations. It is further supported by a network of over 500 3rd party service stations and distributors. Across its 160-year history, Survitec has remained at the forefront of innovation, design and application engineering and is the trusted name when it comes to critical safety and survival solutions.
As well as manufacturing and servicing some of the leading products throughout the survival industry, we are partners with some of the best names in the industry to ensure we offer the fastest, highest quality service possible.
We have an exciting opportunity within Sharon Center, Ohio manufacturing facility for a Buyer/Planner. The Buyer/Planner will develop and execute tactical material and production plans that align with customer requirements and minimize stock outs while level loading the factory.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Actively work with Production Management to develop plans to effectively utilize capacity while meeting customer commitments
- Develop materials plans that align with production requirements
- Provide Finance Department material delivery dates to allow Finance to forecast inventory and cash flow
- Monitor / track production output to ensure production plans are on schedule
- Issue and maintain due dates of Purchase Orders and Work Orders in support of the production requirements
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels to support production requirements while maximizing inventory turnover
- Report and take immediate action on all material shortages
- Verify accurate receiving entries, complete physical count of inventory and identify location of materials to reconcile inventory discrepancies
- Monitor customer on-time delivery on a daily basis
- Partner with Technical Department on BOM / configuration changes
- Identify improvement and cost savings opportunities within Materials / Operations Departments
- Work with Supervisors to mitigate customer impact when the production plan is not on schedule
- Maintain inventory targets
What Do We Need from You?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management with a focus in Supply Chain / Operations at an accredited school and/ or 3 to 5 years experience as a Buyer/Planner.
Experience of creating in and working with the following applications:
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- ERP Software (Macola – Preferred)
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental & Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off/ Sick Days, Vacation and 10 Holidays
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth, with company match and contribution
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
E-mail your resume along with salary requirements
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Survitec not to discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or because he or she is a protected veteran.
- Closing Date