Continuous Improvement Manager
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- USA - Akron, USA - Cleveland
- Job Advert Description
Survitec is a global leader in critical safety and survival solutions, with over 3,000 employees worldwide covering 8 manufacturing facilities, 15 offshore support centres and over 70 owned service stations. It is further supported by a network of over 500 3rd party service stations and distributors. Across its 160-year history, Survitec has remained at the forefront of innovation, design and application engineering and is the trusted name when it comes to critical safety and survival solutions.
As well as manufacturing and servicing some of the leading products throughout the survival industry, we are partners with some of the best names in the industry to ensure we offer the fastest, highest quality service possible.
We have an exciting opportunity within Sharon Center, Ohio manufacturing facility for a Continuous Improvement Manager.
The CI Manager will develop and execute the Continuous Improvement / Lean Manufacturing program with a focus on training, empowering employees, waste reduction, process stabilization and value creation for customers and the company. Work together with the Site Leadership Team to initiate and stimulate process and performance improvement from analysis of losses and business opportunities. Act as a role model change agent via demonstrated leadership behaviors.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain lean transformation plan including value stream maps to identify key opportunities to eliminate waste and improve performance based on strategy deployment and business results, delivering 5% year-on-year non-material COGS savings.
- Lead the management team to ensure correct and timely implementation of Lean tools to achieve operational performance and strategic improvements.
- Coach and mentor to create an environment of continuous improvement and waste elimination culture involving, all team members.
- Lead Lean Assessment preparation and develop improvement plan based on assessment results.
- Assure open communications and involvement of employees who work in the Lean process.
- Stay current with technologies and lean concepts through continuing education and benchmarking.
- Coordinate all Lean Manufacturing activities within the location including, training, kaizen events, projects, tracking results, and any other activity to improve and further lean efforts in executing the transformation plan.
- Be the operational performance and continuous improvement ambassador both internally and externally. Seize opportunities to collaborate with and engage resources wherever possible.
Essential Skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited university - Preferred
- Experience working in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience of leading change in a manufacturing or engineering organization.
- Formal lean manufacturing/TPS training.
- Six Sigma Green belt - Required (Black Belt - Preferred)
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental & Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off/ Sick Days, Vacation and 10 Holidays
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth, with company match and contribution
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Survitec not to discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or because he or she is a protected veteran.
- Closing Date