Sewing Machinist (SGUK532)
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- UK - Gosport
- Job Advert Description
Survitec are looking for a Sewing Machinist to ensure all Lifejackets are manufactured and repaired in accordance with the relevant manuals and SOPs.
- Ensuring products are manufactured/repaired in accordance with company procedure.
- Ensure all company/customer owned assets are repaired in accordance with the user maintenance manuals & SOPs.
- Responsible for following company policies and procedures.
- Maintain workshop machines.
- Ensuring a high level of housekeeping is maintained.
- Ensure safe use of company equipment at all times.
- Have a flexible approach to working within a busy team environment and provide support, where required, to all other teams within facilities.
- Undertake training, and continuing development as appropriate.
- Assist, where appropriate, with addressing the training needs of colleagues.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties deemed appropriate and commensurate with the post.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Have previous experience in a Sewing Machinist role, preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on your own.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Reliable and have good timekeeping.
- Have the ability to confidently communicate verbally.
- Have an understanding of the importance of survival equipment and an appreciation of how adhering to company procedures is crucial.
- Have the ability to demonstrate good customer service skills.
- Closing Date