- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- Job Advert Description
Looking for a new career opportunity? Survitec is looking for a Liferaft technician. Are you committed to provide the highest ethical and technical standards of safety service to our global customers?
About the company and role
Survitec is the world leader in survival and safety solutions to the marine navy, defence aviation and offshore market, with over 160 years’ experience. Our multi-disciplined team of designers, engineers and operators produce a highly diverse portfolio of specialist equipment, used to protect naval, air force, law enforcement and commercial personnel on a daily basis. As a Liferaft Technician, you will play an important role to ensure that our customers’ vessels and crew remain compliant and safe at all times.
In this role you will be trained to:
- To service all Marine products including, Liferafts, Lifejackets and Immersion Suits.
- Ensure all procedures, manuals and bulletins along with re-certification requirements have followed
- Liaise with the Operations Management to ensure appropriate stock levels are maintained.
- Complete all servicing paperwork accurately and pass it to the office for certification and invoicing to be completed.
- Ensure good housekeeping and health and safety of work areas is maintained to avoid accidents.
- Ensure manufacturers manuals and bulletins are maintained and are available at all times.
- Ensure manufacturers bulletins are read and signed in accordance with Company and manufacturers requirements.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be able to work autonomously on site in a safe and professional manner ensuring a high standard of work.
- Teamwork is the key to our Operation’s effectiveness and efficiency. As a Liferaft Technician, you are expected to proactively take part in the teamwork culture.
- Have a flexible approach regards working hours, and the ability to work extra hours if required.
- Have the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, via all means of communication.
- Have excellent organisational skills and awareness for efficient time planning.
- Be able to remain calm under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines and targets.
- Have the ability to work within a team or on their own with minimal guidance.
- Have impeccable attention to detail and have a hands on approach.
- You will be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic and willingness to learn.
- Good (physical) health/condition
- Education: VMBO- MBO level (Technical sector);
- Good command of the Dutch and English language (Spoken & Written)
- Computer literate (IFS, Microsoft etc)
What's in it for you?
We offer you a full-time position, We offer a market-based salary and a comprehensive set of secondary terms. We provide comprehensive (internal and external) training opportunities and pay close attention to guidance and knowledge sharing. Survitec will train you to be a full liferaft Technician. The office location is Survitec, Willem Barentzstraat 47-49, 3165 AA Rotterdam – Albrandswaard, The Netherlands
Please note: this posting is open to citizens and permanent residents of Netherlands and those with work permits for Netherlands. Unfortunately, we are unable to hire applicants from outside of the Netherlands
To apply, please submit your resume and motivation letter, Applications without a motivation letter will not be processed. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Closing Date