Lifeboat Service Technician
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- Job Advert Description
Survitec is looking for a Lifeboat Service Technician based in Rotterdam.
Are you committed to provide the highest ethical and technical standards,
of safety service to our global customers?
About the company
Survitec is the world leader in survival and safety solutions for the navy, defense aviation and offshore market. Every 20 minutes, a Survitec service technician begins work on a new task. we complete more than 21,000 services on all makes and models of fire and safety systems and equipment. As a lifeboat service technician, you will play an important role to ensure that our customers’ vessels and crew remain compliant and safe at all times, by conducting safety services in designated port locations to our global customers.
You will successfully execute all services, repairs and maintenance to the lifeboats of our customers, you work in a safe, professional, efficient and profitable manner. you are a Company Representative, which means you will have to liaise with Client Representatives and Class Surveyors regarding technical queries and solutions.
- Ensure that all service, repair, maintenance, installation and testing work is carried out fully in accordance with the instructions issued by the Operations Department, where applicable to current SOLAS Regulations or to Clients specific requirements
- Ensure that “best practices” are identified and implemented and all work is carried out in a manner which is safe, efficient and cost effective
- Ensure that all relevant reports/documentation relating to any job is completed in an accurate and legible manner and passed to the Operations Department on return from every job.
- Ensure that there is continual and measurable improvement in the service offered to Customers and that any identified training and competency needs of the Service are passed to the Operations Department
- Ensure that all stated mobilization and check in arrangements are achieved and all work areas are left in a safe, clean, tidy and fully operational condition
- Ensure that a Task Based Risk Assessment is carried out prior to undertaking any new or difficult task and that all necessary measures are taken to eliminate or reduce any actual or possible risk that may be identified.
- Actively demonstrate, encourage and promote correct health and safety and environmental behaviors at any work location.
- Have a proven sense of responsibility and accountability, you have a service oriented and safety minded approach
- SSC Lifeboat, LRRS and Launching Appliance Service Engineer Competence, or willing to achieve
- Recognized qualification relating to mechanical / lifeboat servicing engineering
- experience in the servicing of lifeboats
- Detailed knowledge of a range of Lifeboats, Release Gear, Winch / Davit systems+9
- Comprehensive knowledge of SOLAS regulations
- Experience working in a team of Engineers, you are used to versatile and adaptable to varied working conditions
- in possession of a driving license
- Good physical condition
- Good command of the Dutch and English language (Spoken & Written)
- Ability to cooperate across organization lines internally and towards customers
- Systematic and accurate nature used to computer literate (IFS, Microsoft etc)
- Having a positive attitude
What's in it for you?
We offer you a full-time, challenging position in an international and dynamic working environment. We offer a market-based salary and a comprehensive set of secondary terms. We provide comprehensive (internal and external) training opportunities and pay close attention to guidance and knowledge sharing. Your main office location is Survitec, Willem Barentzstraat 47-49, 3165 AA Rotterdam – Albrandswaard, The Netherlands
Please note: this posting is open to citizens and permanent residents of Netherlands and those with work permits for Netherlands. Unfortunately, we are unable to hire applicants from outside of the Netherlands
Are you the person we are looking for?
please submit your resume and motivation letter, Applications without a motivation letter will not be processed. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Closing Date