Production Engineering Manager
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- USA - Akron
- Job Advert Description
Survitec is a global leader in critical safety and survival solutions, with over 3,000 employees worldwide covering 8 manufacturing facilities, 15 offshore support centres and over 70 owned service stations. It is further supported by a network of over 500 3rd party service stations and distributors. Across its 160-year history, Survitec has remained at the forefront of innovation, design and application engineering and is the trusted name when it comes to critical safety and survival solutions.
As well as manufacturing and servicing some of the leading products throughout the survival industry, we are partners with some of the best names in the industry to ensure we offer the fastest, highest quality service possible.
We have an exciting opportunity within Sharon Center, Ohio, manufacturing facility for a Production Engineering Manager, who will oversee the development and implementation of the manufacturing processes by the technical team to maintain conformance to product specification and improve cost efficiency in the manufacture of state-of-the-art Pilot Flight Suits, Multi-Seat Life Rafts and Submarine Escape Suits for our Military!
What Will You Do?
- Analyze and design lean manufacturing cells using effective systems and simulation tools to optimize efficiency and the use of space, equipment, material and personnel.
- Assist in developing plant layout by the rearrangement of facilities, equipment and operations for better utilization of space.
- Work closely with Design Authorities and customers, quality assurance and maintenance personnel to prevent problems with products and tooling/fixtures.
- Ensure all manufacturing safety regulatory policies and procedures are followed and maintained at all times.
- Stay informed concerning new manufacturing technologies and equipment in order to manufacture and reduce cost through efficiencies through training and knowledge acquisition.
- Support all current and new product introductions.
- Ensure vendors/subcontractors are manufacturing products according to product specifications.
- Determine and eliminate root causes and diminish occurrences in the manufacturing process.
- Ensure that all manufacturing product specifications are met, and proper manufacturing procedures are in place before starting up vendors/subcontractors.
- Implement Continuous Improvement strategies which focus on business improvement
What Do We Need from You?
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Lean Manufacturing Certification - Preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in a management role in Engineering or Continuous Improvement
Experience of creating and working with the following applications:
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental & Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off/ Sick Days, Vacation and 10 Holidays
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth, with company match and contribution
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
E-mail your resume along with salary requirements
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Survitec not to discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or because he or she is a protected veteran.
- Closing Date