Assistant Manager - Health, Safety & Environment
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- Job Advert Description
- To ensure the establishment, maintenance and continuous improvement of the Singapore site Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) management system; including maintenance of HSE related certifications (Bizsafe Level 4) and regulatory requirements.
- Plan, organise and take lead to drive HSE initiatives and promote HSE culture within the company.
- Training and development of employees with respect to HSE related processes, documentation and principles.
- Setting up and leading HSE Committee Team with members from different levels across the divisions and hold regular meetings to address HSE related issues or improvement opportunities.
- Setting up official CERT team and coach them to manage emergency response as per ERP.
- Ensure proper maintenance of building and facilities. Take lead to solve facility issues including liaising with stakeholders and meeting contractors.
- The HSE Manager will have local responsibility of the Singapore site, acting as the main point of contact on all Singapore HSE matters.
- Budget allocation and control of costs for HSE related projects and development; Third Party Audit and Certification costs; professional subscription costs.
- Establishment, communication, deployment and maintenance of site Health & Safety and Environmental related policies and procedures; including the preparation and maintenance of relevant supporting documents.
- Take lead and ensure local Bizsafe documentation is maintained, reviewed and updated for timely renewal (for all three entities until they are merged as one).
- Ensure proper control of HSE documentation to ensure they are accessible, retrievable and properly segregated to prevent unintended use.
Internal Audits / external audits
- Ensuring compliance with site HSE requirements through scheduled internal audits or inspections and propose feasible solutions to the management on the findings.
- Support and facilitate external audits on HSE related subjects as and when needed (regulatory inspections, customer audits, certification audit)
- Report any main accident to APAC QHSE Manager, MD SEA, VP APAC asap within 24hours.
- Ensure Improvement Potential (IP)Tool is updated within 24 hours for all kinds of Accident, Incident, Near Miss, Observation reported. Train staff to create HSE related IP and guide them if required.
- Conduct incident investigation and prepare factual investigation report in accordance to the company and regulatory requirement.
- Prevent recurrence of similar HSE incidents by proposing and implementing corrective/preventive measures or actions to mitigate the risk.
HSE Induction, Training and Communication
- Conduct HSE induction for new joiners and visitors.
- Conduct training on HSE related subjects whenever required.
- Communicate to all staff on any HSE related matters whenever necessary through issuance of company memo, QHSE alerts/bulletins, email or briefing promoting awareness to all staff on site.
Management of Third Party Providers
- Ensure availability of relevant licenses, certifications, safety documentation and PPEs from contractor before allowing them to carry out work on site.
- Ensure RA and Safe Work Procedure (SWP) are provided by the contractors. If not, assist contractors to establish adequate RA and SWP before work is carried out.
Meetings and Reports
- Prepare and update HSE incident register and HSE statistics monthly to the management.
- Generate HSE related monthly IP report to ensure timely closure of corrective / preventive actions by the action owner, otherwise provide status update these unclosed IPs.
- Attend monthly management meeting and monthly operations meeting to address HSE related issues to the management.
- Monthly Quality Information update to the APAC QHSE Manager for compilation of regional report.
- Any adhoc report as required for Singapore site, regional or Group QHSE.
Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (RA)
- In charge of Singapore site safety by performing hazard identification for office, service station, warehouse and general area to ensure current RA are adequate.
- Communicate and update office and work-related RA to the relevant personnel, ensuring staff are aware and understand the risk vs control measures required.
- Manage PPE purchase and issuance using the approved vendors. Source for new vendor(s) using the Group vendor management process to have at least 3 quotes, due diligence questionnaire and preselection process.
- Ensure PPE adequacy are reviewed periodically and validity of PPEs are tracked to alert team members if replacement is required.
- Ensure each department maintain PPE register.
Fire Drills and Emergency Response
- Ensure CERT team is formed; members with proper appointment; and adequate training.
- Ensure fire drills are conducted minimum twice a year and records in place.
- Identify and implement areas for improvement on fire drill performance.
- Maintain the current register of all licenses required for the Singapore site and maintain hard copy filing, keeping track closely to ensure application or renewal of these licenses before expiry.
Management Review Meeting (MRM)
- To organise yearly HSE MRM with all Department Heads chaired by the MD – SEA.
- Ensuring inputs to the meeting are compiled from all departments prior to the MRM, and output in the form of action plan, action owner and timeline recorded for follow up of actions.
Certifications and Skills Requirements:
- Registered Workplace Safety & Health Officer (WSHO) and Fire Safety Manager (FSM)
- Certified ISO 45001 auditor or equivalent
- Bizsafe level 4 certification
- Closing Date