Fire Safety Service Technician (Miramar)
- Position Type
- Full-time permanent
- Business Area / Division
- USA - Miramar
- Job Advert Description
Duties and responsibilities
- Delivers servicing installation, maintenance and repair activity to quality and safety standards and according to standard work routines, focusing on delivering key performance metrics.
- Actively seeks opportunity to drive controlled continuous improvement, identifying and communication process improvement opportunities, so they can be considered for implementation across the whole service footprint.
- Represents Survitec professionally during customer interactions and uses extensive product knowledge to understand and answer technical questions regarding service requirements.
- Help specialists set up and test new products or processes; installs complex systems according to training and competence level, seeking guidance and support where needed.
- Carries out preventive maintenance inspections, identifying and diagnosing any requirement for equipment and systems emergency repairs.
- Develops knowledge and understanding of Survitec policies and procedures and of relevant regulatory codes and codes of conduct to ensure own work adheres to those standards. Obtains authorisation from a supervisor or manager for any exceptions from mandatory procedure.
- Works with Service Operations Manager to devise own monthly schedule, ensuring appropriate operational manpower.
- Follows Survitec Health, Safety and Environment policies, procedures, and mandatory instructions; identifies and mitigates risks to safeguard the environment and the wellbeing of self and others.
- Develops own capabilities by participating in assessment and development planning activities as well as formal and informal training and coaching; works towards competence in multiple product lines, to become part of a flexible service operations workforce.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of relevant technology, external regulation and industry best practices through ongoing education and reading specialist materials.
- Follows stores requisition processes to maintain accurate stock levels and records.
- Works with business improvement colleagues to implement standard toolkit and uses experience and work knowledge to contribute to problem solving for process variance, identifying root cause and appropriate corrective actions.
- Creates an environment where everyone in the team can live the Survitec Values.
- Creates an environment where our people feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work.
- Understands, upholds, and contributes to creating a safety-first culture within Survitec. Ensures a safe and healthy working environment.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Ensures Accountability - Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Customer Focus - Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Communicates Effectively - Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Action Oriented - Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Manages Complexity - Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Decision Quality - Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with Survitec goals.
- Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
- Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Drives safety culture:
Is a reliable source of reference on relevant safety standards and where these standards are at risk. Provides important insight into the root cause and corrective actions for such safety risks and issues. Raises issues and highlights own mistakes without fear. consistently to improve safety and wellbeing of self and others
Demonstrates commitment to delivering real value and confidence to our customers:
Understands the importance of being the representative of both internal and external customers. Demonstrates respect for those customers and is open and transparent about the delivery of service – only promises what they can deliver and delivers what they promise.
We care for our people, investing in the development of teams and individuals:
Understands own role within the team and takes accountability for delivery – is good at closing out actions and proactively asks for help when issues arise. Communicates appropriately, shares knowledge (coaching, mentoring and supporting others to develop skills as appropriate). Works collaboratively with own team and others to meet business goals.
Takes time to listen and treats others with dignity, accepting and respecting other people’s points of view or individuality. Understands how own behaviors impact others.
We aim for excellence in everything we do:
Takes personal responsibility for ensuring excellence, getting the task done on time and to the right standard. Consistently achieves targets, even when timescales are tight.
Committed and passionate about continuous improvement, looking to solve problems and avoid workarounds. Takes the initiative and acts with confidence.
We seek to innovate at every opportunity:
Takes an entrepreneurial approach to change, being comfortable and willing to try out new methods, processes, ways of working or techniques to make improvements.
Takes time to understand and explain the rationale for change to support the understanding of self and others.
We act with integrity:
Acts in accordance with Survitec Values, especially in situations when it is difficult to do so.
Represents self and Survitec in an ethical manner that engenders trust from colleagues, customers and external regulators.
Experience and qualifications
- High School / FE College (2 A Levels).
- Over 3 years experienced enables job holder to deal with the majority of situations and to advise others, preferably in the marine industry.
- Experience with fire safety systems and equipment onboard:
- Smoke detection systems.
- CO2 systems.
- Foam systems.
- Halon systems.
- FM-200 systems.
- Water Mist.
- Clean Agents.
- Portable Fire Extinguishers.
- Breathing Air.
- Must be capable of inspecting, diagnosing faults, troubleshooting, repairing and reporting them.
- Be Familiar with testing of pressure, flow and level switches and transmitters.
- Be familiar with US and European fire safety systems.
- Valid TWIC Card.
- Technical and Mechanical ability.
- Flexible Schedule.
- Must be able to complete offshore safety courses (BOSIET, HUET)
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) in spoken and written text is preferred, but not required.
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Must pass a pre-employment federal background check.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disabled
It is the policy of Survitec not to discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or because he or she is a protected veteran.
- Closing Date