- Position Type
- Full-time contract / temporary
- Business Area / Division
- UK - Ellesmere Port
- Job Advert Description
Primary purpose. The Programme Manager is to manage and lead the Project Management function which is responsible for the delivery of all technical related projects, contracts and tasks within the agreed timescale and resource budget that meet the customer’s contracted requirements.
The Programme Manager is to:
Fulfil Project Management functions as assigned by the Engineering Director. Particularly:
- Generate, monitor and maintain the Design Engineering Programme Plan for all technical related projects and major taskings
- Preparing and maintaining an overall schedule for resource use within the Design Engineering Department, which avoids bottlenecks and conflicting demands, and sequencing outcomes, to enable the efficient realisation of benefits
- Developing, maintaining and applying quality management system processes for project and/or programme activities and outputs
- Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of projects and/or programmes, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities that align with organisational practice
- Identifying and/or developing frameworks and methodologies for the comprehensive and consistent management of projects and/or programmes
- Support and deputise (as required) for the Engineering Director.
Key Tasks & Principal Accountabilities
- Documenting and maintaining the definition of the scope and requirements of projects
- Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of projects, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities, that align with organisational practice
- Establishing the processes, techniques and systems to plan, monitor and control delivery of programmes or projects
- Defining the control structure through the WBS
- Establishing and maintaining processes to identify and track risks including the impacts on cost and schedule
- Custodian of programme/project controls systems
- Developing and producing performance progress reports to the Engineering Director and senior management
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, bids, budgets, costs identification, and quotes, including review of: Specifications, Terms & Conditions, Sub-contractor selection, Equipment selection and Overall cost structure.
- Perform other related duties as required
Qualifications and Core Skills
- Relevant experience to meet the requirements of the role.
- Previous experience working within a major customer environment (MOD, BAES)
- Previous experience in a product development and manufacturing environment, preferably a minimum of 3 years in a Project Management position, ideally in an aerospace EASA Part 21 G or DAOS environment.
- Experience working with integrated project teams leading manufacturing development plans for products, preferably aerospace related.
- Hands-on experience in Aerospace, Textile or Composites manufacturing or maintenance environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of document and configuration control method of Design Engineering.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Full Membership of appropriate professional institution preferably APM
- Project Management qualification, preferably APM PMQ (APMP)
- Chartered or working towards Project Management Chartership.
- Proven track record in the successful delivery of programme or project controls from initiation to completion.
- Experience in the implementation and management of programme/project controls for scheduling, cost management, risk management and performance reporting.
- Proven experience of motivating people involved in the project, understanding strengths and weaknesses to achieve a high performing team.
- Confident communicator and influencer of stakeholders
- Ability to identify, address and resolve differences between individuals and/or interest groups
- Experience in supporting bids and business cases for the commercial team
- Experience of preparing and maintaining definitions of the requirements of projects and/or programmes
- Knowledge of approaches for the preparation and maintenance of schedules of project and/or programme activities and events, taking account of dependencies and resource requirements
- Experience of working with and developing projects with domestic and International customers
- Closing Date